- On the far right side of your Insights catalog page, you will find a menu. The first three drop down options listed are Structural Codes, Thematic Codes and Internal Codes. Next to each option you will see a plus icon. Click on the plus icon to add a code under their respective sections.
- Once you click on the plus icon, a code menu will pop up. In this code menu you can name your code, add a description, assign a color and decide if it is a parent code or a sub-code.
Adding a parent code:
- In this example, we are creating a parent code titled "Inadequate Care" under Thematic Codes. Once you click confirm, you can see this code listed under the Thematic Codes section.
Let's say you determine that "Inadequate Care" is a common theme that has emerged throughout many conversations. Reasons such as, "Long wait times" and "overcrowding" have also been shared as contributors to this inadequate care. You can add those contributors as sub-codes.
- Repeat steps one and two, then under the "Code Parent" section, you can select the Parent code these sub-codes will fit under.
- Once you click confirm, you will see these sub-codes populate the menu under their respective parent codes.